Witness the beginning of a great adventure! Shadis: the Science Fiction and Fantasy magazine was started as a small press magazine in 1990 by Jolly R. Blackburn - the first step in what would eventually become the Knights of the Dinner Table magazine! Originally a photocopied publication, we've made it available just as it originally appeared, now in a form unimagined at the time.
Shadis provides a myriad of articles to enhance your role-playing, along with fiction, reviews, and much more!
Fans of Knights of the Dinner Table, as well as HackMaster, will recognize familiar writers and creators, as well as early references to the lands of Alderac (eventually to be HackMaster's Aldrazar/Garweeze Wurld). Set your wayback machine to 1990 and download this classic PDF for yourself!
Shadis #03 Table of Contents
- Backroom Murmuring - Editorial of a Madman by Jolly R. Blackburn
- Letters Page
- Face Off!: Resurrection - Essential or Cop-Out?
- News From Afar: New Products, Rumors, ....
- Rustlers of the Night: Sturm-Wolf by Jolly R. Blackburn
- An Axe to Grind (Guest Editorial): Putting the Fantasy Back into FRPGs by Karen M. Bozell
- From the Scrolls of Greytar: the city of Soult Tet and Temple of Benyar maps by Jolly R. Blackburn
- The Market Platz
- Knights of the Dinner Table: Gamemaster Bert recruits a new player by Jolly R. Blackburn
- The World Beyond 'HacknSlash': Part Three: Thieves by John K. D'Amato
- The Hungry Undead mini-scenario by Jolly R. Blackburn
64 pages (7" wide by 8.5" tall)
- Bones of Ruin: Part III - Thorns and Briars by Jolly R. Blackburn
- Of Embers Born: Part III by Frank R. Vanhoose
- Shriek of Soult Tet: Part III - Just a Dream by Barbara Blackburn