Witness the beginning of a great adventure! Shadis: the Science Fiction and Fantasy magazine was started as a small press magazine in 1990 by Jolly R. Blackburn - the first step in what would eventually become the Knights of the Dinner Table magazine! Originally a photocopied publication, we've made it available just as it originally appeared, now in a form unimagined at the time.
Shadis provides a myriad of articles to enhance your role-playing, along with fiction, reviews, and much more!
Fans of Knights of the Dinner Table, as well as HackMaster, will recognize familiar writers and creators, as well as early references to the lands of Alderac (eventually to be HackMaster's Aldrazar/Garweeze Wurld). Set your wayback machine to 1990 and download this classic PDF for yourself!
Shadis #04 Table of Contents
- Backroom Murmuring - Editorial of a Madman by Jolly R. Blackburn
- Letters Page
- Shadis Interviews: E. Gary Gygax, co-creator of AD&D by Barbara Blackburn
- Game Review: Adventures in the Northern Wilderness by Palladium Books reviewed by B.A. Felton
- News From Afar: New Products, Rumors, ....
- Alderac Atlas Maps: by Jolly R. Blackburn
- From the Scrolls of Greytar: bits of Alderac history, geography and characters, plus a deities chart by Jolly R. Blackburn
- Pozoe & Logo by Daniel Gidding
- The Market Platz
- Knights of the Dinner Table: Another evening with Gamemaster Bert by Jolly R. Blackburn
- The World Beyond 'HacknSlash': Part Four - Fighters by John K. D'Amato
- Eulogy: A Farewell to Jim Henson by Heidi Akridge
- Delving into the Greater-Magicks: Magic in the world of Alderac by Jolly R. Blackburn
64 pages (7" wide by 8.5" tall)
- Bones of Ruin: Part IV - Blood and Ale by Jolly R. Blackburn
- Of Embers Born: Part IV by Frank R. Vanhoose
- Shriek of Soult Tet: Part IV - Wanted by Barbara Blackburn