Congratulations! In a world where there is no shortage of
mediocre games, you’ve managed to find one of the true gems. Designed
from the ground up to be played at a table with real life friends,
this hard-hitting, old-school game makes no qualms about its heritage.
This is the
way role playing games were meant to be played and we present to you
the best of breed.
This version of the game is 'basic' only in that it serves as a
to the dynamic thrill of the HackMaster game. Gone are the days
waiting around for your 'turn', of battling static opponents or of
being anything but totally in charge of your own
We want you to try
HackMaster so we're letting you download the basic game for free!
What have you got to lose?
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll find in this free
• A combat system
geared for quick, hard-hitting, dynamic action.
• 11 Ready-to-Play characters
• Knock-back rules that eliminate static “conga line of death” battles
• Penetration damage, damage reduction
from armor and shields and revamped ranged combat rules, including
• A combination of slot and spell point
system that allows for 'straight up' mage play but at the same time
allows your mage to change spells on the fly or increase a spell’s
range, duration and other effects
• 70+ spells (including Skipping Betty
Fireballs and Heat Seeking Fist of Thunder)
• Classic fantasy races (dwarf, elf,
halfling, human) and classes (fighter, thief, mage, and cleric) for
• Five clerical classes to choose from!
• An all-new thief statistic: Luck
• Quirks and flaws that transform your PC
into a real character
• Building Point rules that let you
customize a character to your own style (there are no ‘cookie cutter
• Quick-Start rules for even faster
• Skills, Talents and Proficiencies (including all weapons and armor)
and specialization open
to every character class... for a price
• Honor tightly integrated into play and
with more flexible usage
• GameMaster chapters with
treasure tables, 75 monsters, magic items, tips and more
• Three adventures included so you can start gaming immediately
Choosing the "add to cart" option
requires human intervention to
facilitate your download. As such, it may delay your reception of the
file. Really, we're not uploading your information to Larry
Page for aggregation to the googleplex data mine. There's no need
to submit spurious information. Larry is a great guy and played a
rockin' mage when Dave invited him to play. But he swore not to
take our information and signed an NDA to that effect (although I did
have to give him 20 BP to get him to agree... Frickin' PowerGamer.)
Note: The PDF is 19.3 Mb.
Right-clicking and choosing "save as" to your preferred location is
If you would rather obtain the game via DriveThruRPG, the product page